• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Stock quantities doesn't alter

Started by Steveinjava, August 27, 2008, 02:21:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveinjava

Hi, all. I have a site which is designed to check its stock figure and disallow checkout without sufficient stock & deduct each sale.
The flags in the admin UI are set correctly. (Check stock fig/ deduct stock/ no to allow checkout)
The stock quantities does not reduce for simple products or products with multiple versions...Nor do stock low emails get sent.

Looking at the com > konakart > bl directory, it only contains OrderIntegrationMgr.class and the sub directory for modules:
On the Config/ stock & orders page there are references to:

Stock Reorder Class                     com.konakart.bl.ReorderMgr
Order Integration Class                 com.konakart.bl.OrderIntegrationMgr
Admin Order Integration Class        com.konakartadmin.bl.AdminOrderIntegrationMgr

and the lack of the first and last of these seems suspicious.
That said, they look like unimplemented classes which might not be needed  ???
Either way, does anyone have any ideas how I could solve or easily debug this problem?
Many thanks in advance!

julie

Can you check that the payment gateway action class is calling kkAppEng.getEng().updateInventory(sessionId, orderId) when the order has been paid for.

Steveinjava

Julie, thanks for your help. That method is not called anywhere in any of the code I have running according to the search I just did for it!
My admin properties are set as below:
konakart.modules.payment=Paypal
konakart.modules.shipping=Zones
konakart.modules.ordertotal=SubTotal Tax Total ProductDiscount TotalDiscount

ie just paypal (The payments DO work, touch wood!)

Can you be more specific as to which class would normally contain the method call- Presumably it would be wrapped up in an if statement/tag to allow a flag to stop/allow the check.
Steve

julie

Take a look at com.konakart.actions.ipn.PayPalAction . I've attached the file just in case you've edited it.

Steveinjava

Sorry Julie my reply got lost apparently. I have found the installation (by eApps) is not correct. The whole /custom/ directory is missing and a weird /ROOT/ has got added.
For example here is a drill down through it...
/ (Root Directory) > opt > tomcat6 > vhostwebapps > konakart > ROOT > WEB-INF > classes > com > konakart > actions

It looks like I need to move things around a lot and add in the /custom/ directory as files like PayPalAction.java are missing.
I don't fancy reinstalling as every time I do that the little changes I do get lost and it takes ages to reintroduce them.
Does my plan seem right to you or is there a reason for the /ROOT/ bit- My dev machines structure is not like that!

julie

There may be a reason. You should ask eApps.

However, you could just modify and compile the code in your dev env and then copy the classes to / (Root Directory) > opt > tomcat6 > vhostwebapps > konakart > ROOT > WEB-INF > classes > com > konakart > actions.

Steveinjava

Julie, I will try adding it to things as they are. It is in a subdir called 'ipn' within actions so would I create that first to put it in?

julie

Steveinjava

Julie, I tried that and despite restarting Tomcat and trying a few ideas the stock is still unaffected.
So I thought I would compile PayPalAction.java afresh and found it wouldn't because...

C:/Program Files/KonaKart/custom/appn/src/com/konakart/actions/ipn/PayPalAction.java:232: cannot find symbol
symbol  : method sendOrderConfirmationMail(com.konakart.al.KKAppEng,int,boolean)
                        sendOrderConfirmationMail(kkAppEng, orderId, /* success */true);

I also then spotted RepeatOrderAction.java wont compile because javac can't find the method isOnePageCheckout(..)

So I went looking for com.konakart.bl.OrderMgr but it isn't there! In com/konakart/bl/
I have LoginIntegrationMgr and OrderIntegrationMgr but not OrderMgr

Am I missed a jar file somewhere where these classes should be?

julie

You should use the source code that was in the download kit for the version of KonaKart that you are using.

Steveinjava

Julie, it is version 2.2.6.0 which eApps installed so I will download it again and see what files/directories are missing and see if I can get it looking the same. Thanks for your help!