• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

OrderDetails_en .vm file

Started by ramesh, September 10, 2009, 06:18:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ramesh

hi,

In KonakartAdmin orders when we click on edit button its displaying order details via "OrderDetails_en .vm" . All details displayed here is via orders table.
  my requirements i want display some more details. Like i am storing some messages in address_book table custom1 field, i want display this message in
"OrderDetails_en .vm". I thought of storing this messages in some custom1 fields of orders table but all custom fields are fully occupied.

How can i display the messages stored in the address_book table custom1 field in "OrderDetails_en .vm"............?

Any help is much appreciable
Thank You

julie

September 10, 2009, 07:02:57 am #1 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:07:15 am by julie
The data displayed should all come from the order sub system since in time, the address could be modified or even deleted so you would lose information. Maybe you should try storing these messages in an order status history record.

greg

Perhaps it might be possible for you to encode more information in each order custom field?   Maybe in XML or some other format that you like?

Yes, you would have to write code to read and write this encoded data, but not too hard to achieve..