• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

currency value

Started by nietgeweldig, July 21, 2009, 02:00:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nietgeweldig

Hi, i use the konakart 3.2.0.0 (built 9:06PM 1-Feb-2009 GMT) version. i'm having some problems with the currency type.
when i add the products i listed them in USD. the default currency was also set to USD.
i then decided to create a different currency (RDD). since the USD was my initial currency type i set its currency value to 1.
1 USD = 3 RDD, so i set the currency value of the RDD to 0.333 (i'm guessing that it will do a --price x 1/0.333-- conversion) .

i wanted to display the product prices (which were initially listed in USD) in the RDD currency format. when i set the RDD as my default currency and restarted the konakart server, it did list the price as RDD (RDD was on  the right side of the price).

the problem is that it did not convert the numerical value correctly.

a "$300" item should have been displayed as "900 RDD", but instead there was just 300 RDD displayed. the same goes for all the other product prices. i have restarted the server several times, tried other currency values and yet the displayed numerical price would stay the same across all currency types.

is there something else that needs to be done in order for this to work?

thanks in advance.

trevor

Product prices always refer to the default currency.

In the next release we have implemented a feature whereby a customer can select a currency and view all prices in that currency. The prices are calculated by KonaKart based on the conversion rate in the currency object. Even in this case however, the payment gateway will normally only accept the default currency, so we issue a warning to the customer that the exact amount that he will be billed may vary a little depending on the exchange rate applied by the payment gateway.