• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Developing with KonaKart in an IDE

Started by paulsschwarz, February 12, 2009, 09:18:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsschwarz

Hi all,

I have installed KonaKart on my computer under C:\Program Files\Konakart3200\ and all is working perfectly.

I have had a go at running some of the API examples and I got them working through some IDE trickery. I am using Eclipse, what I did is told Eclipse to create a new Java project via an Ant build. I pointed Eclipse at the build.xml that is located in my C:\Program Files\KonaKart3200\java_api_examples\ folder. It did the job. The project is "mounted" and I can run things. Except it could find the konakart.properties file so I manually added C:\Program Files\KonaKart3200\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\classes to the Classes path and now it seems to work.

However, I gave sending an email a try using the API call eng.sendWelcomeEmail(5, "test!!", "EN"); and it sent ok but what I received in my inbox was exactly the .vm file, in other words it failed to replace Dear $customer.getFirstName() $customer.getLastName(), with the actual first and last names. Why is this?

My "mounted" project is currently living in a totally different folder on the same machine, so any code I write is not actually in the C:\Program Files\Konakart3200\ folder. I get the feeling this is wrong because I am going to have to edit the build paths when dependancies are not found.

To simplify my question: What is the correct way/where is the correct place to "create a Java project" using an IDE like Eclipse so that I can just open it up, write some code, run it, etc. with the eventual goal of actually using my code on a live server.

Thanks,
Paul

DispatchMediaGroup

no reply to this?  this is kind of an important question for anyone who would like to programatically leverage/alter KK code.  Even if an admin could reply with a link to an answer...

BrianNicholas

Hi Paul and DMG,

I am wondering on whether can either of you guide me with a step-by-step guide or provide me with some information on how do I actually import KonaKart into Eclipse. I am totally clueless on how do I actually have to do the required steps as I am really new to Java and Eclipse. The KonaKart User Guide isn't helping me much at all.

Thank you in advanced for your much appreciated help!   :)