• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Help with a totally different sort of payment module

Started by paulsschwarz, February 10, 2009, 09:08:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

paulsschwarz

Hi all, I've read much of the documentation I can find on how to create your own payment module for KonaKart.

Interestingly most of the suggestions say "pick an existing module which resembles what you're trying to achieve and modify it", which is what I want to do. But currently the modules in KonaKart fall into two categories, those where you pay within the site, and those where you are taken off to another site like PayPal to complete your payment.

I am interested in neither.

I have had a look at ZenCart and found that, on top of the regular Authorize.net, etc, they have a manual CC module. It's simple, a shopper enters their CC number and clicks confirm. On the back end you receive that number and you punch it into your physical POS machine. If it goes through you manually click "Confirm receipt of payment" or something like that. That automatically shoots off an email to the client saying "Your payment has been received". If the POS machine says NO! you get the option of clicking a button on the backend email the shopper and tell them something went wrong.

Now, in this case I'm not interested in using this manual CC module but I am interested in the flow of events. We have access to a mobile phone based payment system where the payment happens ENTIRELY by SMS and all you get at the end is a text message back with a receipt number. Now as far as KonaKart is concerned we just want to provide a text box where the shopper can enter this receipt number and hit confirm. At this point we're back to the manual system (which we want), the receipt number is received on the backend and the admin will look at their SMS-Money account, confirm that the receipt number corresponds to a valid payment for the goods ordered, if so he will hit "Confirm receipt of payment", if not he will send a email saying "sorry your payment didn't work" or "you only paid us half, pay us the rest and we'll deliver!" (something like that).

It's a simple flow of events and a VERY simple payment module in terms of data that's captured and what to do with it. Please could someone who has experience with building custom payment modules (simple ones!!) please point me in the right direction here. This ought to be easy to do.

Thanks,
Paul

trevor

You can define your own order states in the Admin App such as non valid payment or partial payment etc. When you manually change the state of the order in the admin app, an eMail will be sent automatically to the customer based on a template for that state. Each order state can have a different template.

Since you only need to capture a receipt number, you could capture it in the order confirmation screen and put it in a custom field of the order. In v3200 you can configure the admin app to show the custom order fields in the same panel that you use to change the order state so you can check it and then set the new order state accordingly.

paulsschwarz

Thanks for the reply.

1. I have now figured out the order states, I have created extra ones and used them. But now where do I find the corresponding email template?

2. From the sounds of things you've got a good solution using the custom field. Please elaborate on this point though, currently on my checkout page I have to choose a shipping method and a payment method. I also get a comments box below. Are you suggesting adding a custom field here to capture my special receipt number? That would be perfect! What do I then pick for the payment method then? Please step me through this point as I am new to KonaKart.

Thanks,
Paul