• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

KonaKart 3.2.0.0 installation problems on oracle database

Started by jerolimov, February 11, 2009, 01:06:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jerolimov

Hello,

i'm trying to install konakart with the installer under linux.
But it coundn't complete the database installation.
Out database is an oracle express edition (v2.1.0.00.39).

In the database/Oracle/konakart_demo.sql file was an error
in line 1160 and 1161 which stops the installation with an SQL error.

As workaround you can start the installation (select an installation folder and so on),
and modify the extracted SQL files befor the installation programm try to push them into the database.

In both lines the single quote (') around the value colum (around 1.0000 and 1.1036) must be removed.

Instead of:
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'US Dollar','USD','$','','.',',','2','1.0000', sysdate);
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'Euro','EUR','','EUR','.',',','2','1.1036', sysdate);

It must be:
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'US Dollar','USD','$','','.',',','2',1.0000, sysdate);
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'Euro','EUR','','EUR','.',',','2',1.1036, sysdate);

I hope the KonaKart team will fix this in a later version. ;-)

Best regards,
Christoph Jerolimov

kate

Thanks for the post Christoph,

We don't get this problem on Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g or Oracle 11g so this may be something unique to the Oracle Express Edition.

-Kate

kate

Hi Christoph,

I just installed KonaKart 3.2.0.0 successfully on Oracle 10g Express Edition (10.2.0.1.0)  on Windows.

Therefore, it's rather puzzling that the SQL failed in your case.   Quite strange that there would be different behaviour from just this one out of 5 Oracle databases.

Regardless, in the next release we will remove the quotes and hopefully gain even broader compatibility with different Oracle versions.

-Kate

jerolimov

Hi kate,

thank you for your trouble. I didn't understand it, too.

I'm also accustom that the database convert this automatically...

But thank you, that you take the changes regardless.

Best Regards,
Christoph

hlac

Same problem happened to me. Problem is that Oracle converts the string '1.000' into a number using the database's NLS setting to interpret the decimal point

p.cornelissen

Hi!

Quote from: jerolimov on February 11, 2009, 01:06:15 pm
In both lines the single quote (') around the value colum (around 1.0000 and 1.1036) must be removed.

Instead of:
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'US Dollar','USD','$','','.',',','2','1.0000', sysdate);
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'Euro','EUR','','EUR','.',',','2','1.1036', sysdate);

It must be:
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'US Dollar','USD','$','','.',',','2',1.0000, sysdate);
INSERT INTO currencies VALUES (currencies_seq.nextval,'Euro','EUR','','EUR','.',',','2',1.1036, sysdate);

I'd suggest to use the to_number function, so you can provide the number and the number format, so you won't get into trouble with different NLS settings.

kate

Thanks for this suggestion.

We have changed the SQL generation so that in the next release we will use to_number and NLS parameters and hopefully we will not have any more problems with these statements in Oracle no matter what the NLS setting is.

We are grateful for the feedback to improve the product but the ironic thing about this thread is that the problem is over a column that we don't currently use in KonaKart....  we could have set it to 1 and had no problems at all...  :)

Mind you....  watch out for more multi-currency features in the next release.

--Kate