• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

customize admin

Started by paulh, January 24, 2009, 01:52:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

paulh

I have had a look at http://www.konakart.com/engine_customization_faq.php

Anyway I can customize the konakart app by just adding the classes to web-inf/classes... This doesnt seem to work with the admin app I have customized com.konakartadminapp.UpdateOrderStatus1 and have customized com.konakartadminapp.KKAdminCustomEng to point to

private UpdateOrderStatus1 _updateOrderStatus = new UpdateOrderStatus1(kkAdminEng);

so that emails are only sent to customer when status == 3 (Delivered)

And put these 2 classes in the classpath not in the jar - shouldnt the classloader use these before the ones in the jar file??? Id rather keep the jars original so I know what I cave changed by just looking at my custom classes in eclipse.

What am I missing?

Thanks
Paul

heidi

I haven't looked into what you're saying but there is no com.konakartadminapp path used in KonaKart...  Maybe you should try com.konakartadmin ?

paulh

sorry was a typo com.konakartadmin.app dont understand why the customized classes are picked up first in the konakart app aok but not with the konakart admin app even having customized com.konakartadmin.app.KKAdminCustomEng... must be something Im missing... u shouldnt have to rebuild the jars...

paulh

as per tomcat

Therefore, from the perspective of a web application, class or resource loading looks in the following repositories, in this order:

/WEB-INF/classes of your web application
/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar of your web application

so I must be customizing the wrong thing????

paulh

worked it out

I didnt change this property

konakartadmin_gwt.properties
- konakartadmin.gwt.engineclass=com.konakartadmin.app.KKAdminCustomEng

now its working and the world makes sense again

pays to read the instructions I guess  :'(