• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

error thrown on konakartadmin when accessing Customers

Started by PeteWNY, January 09, 2009, 07:51:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PeteWNY

I have this weird problem that's driving me crazy. I've install Konakart on 3 development servers and they all work fine. When I installed the app on it's new home it had trouble with transactions that seemed to be due to MyQSL 4.1. The hosting company upgraded to MySQL 5.0.67 and it seemed fine EXCEPT when I access the admin app and attempt run The Customers part (kk_panel_customers) it throws an error that says The cause of the error is not know. I don't think it's the DB becuse it's running on other servers with older MySQL builds. It's running jdk 1.6 (the latest as of last week).

Any ideas ?

Brian

Hi Pete,

>trouble with transactions that seemed to be due to MyQSL 4.1

Could this have been because you weren't using the InnoDB engine - which you must do to use transactions?

The jdk 1.6 is no problem.  MySQL 5.0.67 is fine.

Is it just the customers panel?  or other panels as well?

Where do you get the error?

Anything in the tomcat log to help?

-Brian

PeteWNY

Hi Brian,

The error is in Customers, Customer Groups, Customer Communications, and Assign Roles. Maintain Roles seems OK.  I also get a Version Mismatch error on reports, but I haven't worked my way down to that yet.

Thanks,

Pete

Brian

Hi Pete,

I've never heard of anything like this before.   It seems like it must be data related.  Have you changed the database from the original install in the area of customers/roles etc.?
You may learn more by setting the logging to debug on the server and trying again.   You can also crank up the admin app logging.. this could also help.  Without this extra information it will be tricky to track down.

The version mismatch on reports is probably an incompatibility with Firefox - can you try this with another browser to verify?   (this is fixed in the next release with a new version of BIRT)

-Brian

Brian

Hi Pete,

Could you try pointing your system that isn't working to a database that you know is working?  (change the db connection parameters in konakart.properties and konakartadmin.properties to try this).

-Brian