• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Tax customization

Started by Iruñea, December 17, 2008, 10:44:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iruñea

Hello,

First sorry for my English:)
I would like to add a SAME extra cost to each product for administration costs of 7Euros and a tax of 12% of this Admin. costs. So a product total price = Prod.Cost +ProdCost_Tax+ Admin.costs+ Admincost_Tax

Are this steps corrects to achieve that?
-b]Create a new Order totals module[/b] called AdminCost. For each product in the Basket will sum 7Euro
-Create a new Order totals module called AdminCostTax. For each product in the Basket will sum the 12% of 7Euro
-In CheckoutConfirmationSubmitAction.java set the order total price as the sum of subTotal + tax + AdminCost+ AdminCostTax

What do gurus think about this? I wonder if there exist a easier solution?
Thanks!

trevor

You can create a couple of new order total modules. You could bundle them into one if you don't mind having the tax hidden in the Admin cost.

You don't need to do anything else as long as the "Total" module is placed at the bottom of the list of order total modules. In this case it should automatically create a total using your new module(s) as well as any other modules above it (i.e. discount, shipping, sub total etc.)

Iruñea

Hello Trevor, and thanks for your fast answer.
Ive only one doubt. When you say
Quote"Total" module is placed at the bottom of the list of order total module

Which list are you speaking about?
I guess you refer to the KonakartAdmin>Modules>Order totals> the "Short Order" number.
Is this correct?

Thank you again Trevor!

trevor

Iruñea