• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Differnt server with Konakart ?

Started by shirin, June 26, 2008, 01:48:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shirin

Hi, Konakart,

Is konakart application supported all the server for running like Jetty, Resin rather than Tomcat or JBoss and other JDK like JRockit of Bea. ?

Thanks for your further assistant.

ming

Yes, KonaKart is designed to be a standard J2EE application so should run on all of those.   We haven't tried them all, but we haven't had any reports of it failing on any of those platforms.

BTW,  What is the reason for the question?   Which one are you planning to use?

Ming

shirin

Hi ming,

Actually i m facing error of OutOfMemory. It's due to PermGen space. I increased the space. But it's not a proper solution. It will jst delay Application crashing. But not prevent application crashing. And as i searched (googled) Jetty not having any issues like above so i want to try it on Linux server.

I am not sure this will solved the issue but it may that if i changed both JVM and Server than it will be helpful for managing the above issue.

It's just trial and error.

One's it completed i will notify u.

BTW, Thanks for your assistant.

ming

I would caution you against going off on a tangent here.

There are no memory problems that I'm aware of in KonaKart or tomcat so I wouldn't go changing servlet containers to solve problems that aren't there!

I advise you to check your java configuration and study the JVM memory settings carefully and solve the 'out of memory' problems by adjusting these.  There are hundreds of articles on JVM memory parameters on the Internet to reference to help you with this.

nitros

Shirin,

This community can help if you provide your JVM mem arguments -X and -XX stuff.  Also, mem configuration of your server/desktop and OS windows/linux.  You may have set it too low.