• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Password Issue ??

Started by shirin, June 25, 2008, 07:01:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shirin

Hello Konakart,

Suppose i have thousand customer record existing in my current application. And i want to use Konakart application for all of them. I mapped all the record according to Konakart DB Structure. But having problem for login to any customer.

It seems problem of Password encryption. Can you guide me what type of logic/algorithm u used for password encryption in to DB.

Thanks

ming

You can use the Admin API to set a customer's password.   So in your case you would need to be able to decrypt your existing passwords and then set them so that they were encrypted for KonaKart:

From the Admin API javadoc:

setCustomerPassword
void setCustomerPassword(java.lang.String sessionId,
                         int custId,
                         java.lang.String newPassword)
                         throws KKAdminException

Set a customer's password. The new password is set for the customer. No email notification is sent.

Parameters:
    sessionId - The session Id of the logged in user
    custId - Customer Id
    newPassword - New password (as entered by the user)

Throws:
    KKAdminException

ming

Another possibility is for you to consider using the new Custom Credential checking facility - http://www.konakart.com/docs/CustomCredentialChecking.html  - existing accounts would have to have their passwords changed to match your checking code.

I prefer the setCustomerPassword approach as this will use the default credential checking in KonaKart.