• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

extend contactUs

Started by rula, June 19, 2008, 07:46:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rula

Hi konakarts,

this is a newnie question about a simple customization in the contactUs page.
I have red the docs about customization and engine customization.
I will extend the contactUs page with a simple email form.
I think this have nothing to do with the engine apis a though I make my changes in custom/appn/src.
I add a ContactUs form, ContactUsSubmit action, extend struts-config, tiles-defs, validation, messages and contactUs.
Is this the right way for such a simple customization in the contactUs page?

regards, rula

julie

Yes.

You could implement all of the logic (i.e. save the message) from the struts action. Alternatively a more consistent approach would be for you to implement your own custom API call to the KonaKart engine ( http://www.konakart.com/engine_customization_faq.php#AddingYourOwnAPICall ).

rula

Hi julie,

thank you,
with this changes I will go over struts actions,
with others I will use own api calls.

By the way, your engine customization framework is super and I hope I can apply it correct soon.
I have a practical problem with running and synchronising of the 3 webapps of konakart in one eclipse project. Are there any practical guides to effective handle the whole customization process in a ide project?

regards, rula

rula

Hi julie,

after many attempts I found a way to run the konakart webapps in one eclipse java project.
I have installed konakart in a project folder of the eclipse workspace.
For the custom folder I made 5 different src folders and added all jars of the 3 webapps to the buildpath. Now I can edit, run and build konakart in eclipse. Thanks.

regards, rula