• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

KKAppEng depends on com.konakart.actions.BaseAction?

Started by ronald, June 08, 2008, 11:17:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ronald

Hi,

I am trying to customize the Konakart using another web framework instead of Strut. I only include these libraries:

konakart.jar
konakart_app.jar
konakart_torque-3.3-RC1.jar
konakart_utils.jar
konakart_village-2.0

I think compilation is ok, but when I run my web app, I get this exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/konakart/actions/BaseAction
   at com.konakart.al.KKAppEng.<init>(Unknown Source)

BaseAction is Strut specific, and when I just open the KKAppEng binary file, I see BaseAction appears in the byte code of that class (although I have no idea why is there and whether it is being used or not). Is it true that KKAppEng depends on BaseAction some how? It shouldn't, correct?

thx!

Ronald

pete

Hi,

If you want to write your own client, you should write to the server engine directly. This is the approach that will give you the most flexibility.

The client engine (KKAppEng) keeps state for each user and provides an interface to the server engine so that the struts action classes can contain less complicated code. It doesn't have a SOAP API and is only ever tested within a Struts environment. I think that if you include the Struts jars it should be possible to use your own framework but you may run into some problems because we only ever use it with Struts.

ronald

Thanks for your clarification.

So is it true that KKEngIf is the ONLY interface that we need to use? Is there any other interfaces that we need to know?

Also, will there be cases that you have to perform certain operations before others?

thx.
Ronald

pete

So is it true that KKEngIf is the ONLY interface that we need to use? Is there any other interfaces that we need to know?

KKEngIf for the application and KKAdminIf for the Admin functionality.

Also, will there be cases that you have to perform certain operations before others?

When using an API this is always the case. i.e. You have to log in to get a session id which is then used for other API calls.