• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Product Options

Started by johnclaus, May 14, 2008, 05:10:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

johnclaus

To all,

So this may just be my lack of understanding the product options within KonaKart, but I thought I'd shoot it to the gurus before I start tearing through code.

Here's what I'm trying to do.... create a product and assign product options for said product... none of these options are mandatory.  And below each of these product options, I need the ability to add "sub-options".... below is a crude ASCII representation of what I'm trying to do:

Product
|____ Product option #1
           |_____ Product suboption #1
           |_____ Product suboption #2
|____ Product option #2
           |_____ Product suboption #1
|____ Product option #3

Is there any way of making nested options within the base install of KonaKart?  Again, the root of this product option tree should default to blank, as none of these product options are mandatory.  However, should certain product options be selected from the dropdown, I need to be able to create these suboptions

The documentation on setting these up is limited, so hopefully someone has come across this item before.

Thanks again,
John

julie

Hi,

We don't have nested options. We have options and each option can have values. For example in our online demo there is a Memory option for the Matrox graphics board. This values of the option are 4MB, 8MB, 16MB etc. In the Admin App when you assign an "attribute" to a product in the Attributes folder of the Edit Product Panel, you can assign a price delta to the attribute. For example 4MB could be -$50, 8MB could be $0 and 16MB could be +$50.

johnclaus

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.  Since KK doesn't offer this type of product option build out, where exactly should I start to implement this?  I'm still relatively new to the KK code base, so any pointers would be extremely helpful.

Thanks again,
John

johnclaus

To all,

Since my aforementioned "product option tree" change would ultimately involve code changes to the Admin app, I'm wondering if the source for the Admin app will become available.

Rather than creating the product option tree which I was aiming for, I've been "backdooring" it by using a combination of the various options instead, which looks a bit messier but still works.  Is there any plan in the future to add such product option functionality?  Also, is there any plan to release the Admin app source for those of us already familiar with the GWT framework?

Thanks again,
John

ryan

QuoteIs there any plan in the future to add such product option functionality?

It's not on our list at the moment. You are the only person whose asked for it so far.

QuoteAlso, is there any plan to release the Admin app source for those of us already familiar with the GWT framework?

I'm afraid not. However the next version will have a set of custom links in the main menu that will open up a url in a panel passing it the sessionId. This will allow you to integrate custom functionality in a seamless fashion, making use of the role based security.

johnclaus

Again, thank you for such a prompt reply :)

One more question regarding the product option topic.  When I set up my product options, I'm having trouble setting up a default option of 'blank'.  For some reason when I setup product options for a given product, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme/reason to their ordering and I can't seem to get a blank default (aka no option selected) to appear.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,
John

ryan

I think that they are ordered by Id in ascending order. However, if you know that you will have a 'blank' one, you can always re-sort them before displaying them on the UI to set the 'blank' option as the default.