• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problem geeting product Description

Started by jbkapadia, March 14, 2008, 01:01:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbkapadia

HI!
  I have searched for products using
         products=BaseApiExample.eng.searchForProducts(BaseApiExample.sessionId,dataDesc,prodSearch,-1);
    ProductIf[] prod=products.getProductArray();
Now here getProductArray method will not return Product description so i used eng.getProduct(sessionId,id,-1); which return productIf object and it contain description.

But my problem is that for getting Description i have to call GetProduct and it make one database call. And i want to make less database calls. So can you please suggest anything which can searchProducts and also return Product description also so that less database call made.

heidi

Hi,

The behaviour there is designed for performance reasons.

Since descriptions can be very long they are not returned when a set of products is returned from searchForProducts.   The expectation is that the application will want to retrieve a list of products to show in some way and when someone clicks on a product to see more details, the getProduct call is made to get the description fields (and all the others).

Are you building a system that works differently to the way I just described above?  Can you explain why you need this?

Regards,
Heidi