• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

XML API for Credit Card Processing

Started by mtoon, March 10, 2008, 03:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtoon

Hello there-
I just have a quick question about the postData method in the payment gateway.  It looks like the method accepts a list of paramters and manages the HTTPS post and response.  My question is, I need to send an XML packet instead of name-value pairs in the post, can this be done using the postData method or another framework method?

Thank you!

ryan

Hi,

You have the source of postData in BaseGatewayAction.java so you can just edit it to send the data as an XML packet.

mtoon

Thanks!  But I have a followup question.  I looked in the code and it looks like the post is being done over a standard HTTP connection.  I didn't see and SSL functionality.  Am I just reading that wrong or does BaseGatewayAction not support SSL?

Thanks again

ryan

It should work for both HTTP and HTTPS . url.openConnection() returns a UrlConnection object. HttpUrlConnection is a subclass of that and HttpsUrlConnection is a subclass of HttpUrlConnection so although you just see  HttpUrlConnection in the code, it could actually be a HttpsUrlConnection if the url is https:// etc. etc.

mtoon

Roger that.  Just some random feedback, your documentation as well as your design was really helpful in getting this payment processing setup.  I literally started this morning and finished this afternoon.  Thanks!

ryan

Hi,

If it's a payment gateway that could interest others, maybe you could post it in the contributions section ?

Thx.