• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

On new installation all that appears to work is an image and price in what's new

Started by gezkovich, October 21, 2008, 11:28:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gezkovich

I just installed and configured a demo installation and the only thing that appears to be working is the what's new section, It displays an image of a product with its price. Clicking any link will bring up the same page and a different what's new item. Am I missing something here? Or is there more I need to do to get this configured properly? This on a mac running tomcat 5.0.28

Thanks for any help or suggestions, I really don't want to have to revert to php for this store.

ryan

Since it is difficult to figure out what you've done, my suggestion would be to to install it on a Windows or Unix box using our installer and then move it to your Mac manually. It always helps to have it working on one platform when trying to move it to another so that you can compare properties files etc.

gezkovich

Quote from: ryan on October 21, 2008, 11:43:56 pm
Since it is difficult to figure out what you've done, my suggestion would be to to install it on a Windows or Unix box using our installer and then move it to your Mac manually. It always helps to have it working on one platform when trying to move it to another so that you can compare properties files etc.

Of course it helps to have it working on one platform when trying to move it to another. But I'm not trying to move it. I built the wars using the build.xml file provided in the manual distribution. I uploaded the wars to Tomcat. I then edited the konakartadmin.properties and konakart.properties files with the correct dbname, user and password. That was it. Did I miss something or is something missing form the manual distribution.

kate

Hi,

I'm not sure if the problem is due to the version of tomcat??  The download pack for 2.2.6.0 is shipped with tomcat 5.5.17 so your older version 5.0.28 might be making a difference.

Are you getting exceptions in your tomcat log?

Have you run the Admin app and checked all the configuration settings make sense in your environment?

Kate

gezkovich

Thanks Kate,

The Tomcat version might just be the problem since the it seems to work just fine with the bundled Tomcat. Just in case someone wants to take a look the exception that shows up in the logfile is a StringIndexOutOfBoundsException apparently related to the struts processing. 

Quote from: kate on October 22, 2008, 05:44:13 am
Hi,

I'm not sure if the problem is due to the version of tomcat??  The download pack for 2.2.6.0 is shipped with tomcat 5.5.17 so your older version 5.0.28 might be making a difference.

Are you getting exceptions in your tomcat log?

Have you run the Admin app and checked all the configuration settings make sense in your environment?

Kate