• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Editing Config Files from the GWT Admin Application

Started by jim, May 10, 2007, 02:57:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jim

Hello KonaKart,

I see that there is a neat way to edit the main KonaKart properties files in the "Configuration Files" section of the Admin App.

Can I make other files accessible in that list to edit from the Admin application, such as my own configuration files?  If so, how?

Jim

john

Hi Jim.

Yes, you can add any files you like to that list so long as they are accessible to the KonaKart server - wherever that's running in your configuration.

There's a simple XML file (called konakart_config_files.xml) where the files that are shown are defined.  It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<konakart-config-files>
  <file>
    <displayName>KonaKart Properties File</displayName>
    <fileName>../webapps/konakart/WEB-INF/classes/konakart.properties</fileName>
  </file>

<file>
    <displayName>KonaKart Admin Properties File</displayName>
    <fileName>../webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties</fileName>
  </file>

<file>
    <displayName>KonaKart Logging Properties File</displayName>
    <fileName>../webapps/konakart/WEB-INF/classes/konakart-logging.properties</fileName>
  </file>

<file>
    <displayName>KonaKart Admin Logging Properties File</displayName>
    <fileName>../webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakart-logging.properties</fileName>
  </file>
</konakart-config-files>

You'll find this file under webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes.  In the default installation on Windows that is: C:\Program Files\KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes\konakart_config_files.xml.

You'll see that you define a path to the file and a "display name" which is the name you see in the list in the Admin App.

A point to note if no files are listed:

Depending on your configuration (eg. if you are not using the default tomcat container supplied in the download kit) you may find that the default definitions of the relative paths in the supplied konakart_config_files.xml will not work - you will have to amend these to suit your environment.

John

rula

Hi KonaKarts,

I can't open config files from the admin app.

I have under the server root:

/files/tomcat/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakart_config_files.xml
/files/tomcat/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties

How can I access konakartadmin.properties from admin app?

On localhost I used something like this:
<file>
<displayName>KonaKart Admin Properties File</displayName>
<fileName>C:/dev/workspace/konakart/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties</fileName>
</file>

But nothing seems to work on the real server. I tested absolute and relative paths, with and without server root, nothing works.

Now I am unsecure if it needs a path or perhaps a url !?

I need a piece of advice, regards rula

rula

Hi KonaKarts,

this problem was finished by the hoster. He told me to use /var/www/webXXXXX/files/tomcat/....
with XXXXX=CustomerId. I didn't found a documentation about this by the hoster and attempted in my desperation here in our forum, sorry.

regards rula