• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Probelm setting SequenceName

Started by holger, December 23, 2007, 12:18:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holger

Hello Users,

i have install the konakrt shop on my server. I install the 2.2.0.7 on a linux server Suse 10.2 my aatabase is Oracle 11g on Linux on a other Server. I think the connection is correctly.

I copy the new version 2.2.1.0 and run the updatescripts in my SQLDeveloper. Now i have problems! In my catalina.out find this message:

23-Dec 12:55:21 INFO  (?:<init>:?) Engine used by application is com.konakart.app.KKEng
23-Dec 12:55:21 INFO  (?:init:?) Initialising Torque with the file : /srv/deploy/apps/shop/konakart/WEB-INF/classes/konakart.properties
23-Dec 12:55:22 INFO  (?:init:?) Initialising KonaKart-Torque for org.apache.torque.adapter.DBOracle
com.konakart.app.KKException: Problem setting SequenceName
        at com.konakart.app.KKDbMapMgr.standardiseNames(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKTorque.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.initTorque(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.init(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
        at com.konakart.al.KKAppEng.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.getClientEng(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.updateConfigs(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: Invalid Torque OM setup for Database "oscommerce".
An error occured invoking the init() method in class, "org.apache.torque.linkage.OscommerceMapInit"
        at org.apache.torque.map.DatabaseMap.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKDbMapMgr.getDbMap(Unknown Source)
        ... 15 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at com.konakart.om.map.OscommerceMapInit.init(Unknown Source)
        ... 21 more
23-Dec 12:55:22 ERROR (ApplicationContext.java:log:665) Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I can't see which Sequence is missing!

Does someone have an idea?

Regards,
Holger

holger

Hey again,

now i make my design for my new shop. Now i have an error, by ckeckout from card. Comes this error from this problem with this sequenz? I look at my catalina.out but ther isn't a error message?

At this link (shop.b-nova.de), look in the shop you can add products to the card, but wen checkout, it comes a error! or comes this error from a error in one jsp - file. I make some changes for the design changes ... or i have one line to mutch delete?

reagrds,
Holger

kate

Hi Holger,

I'm not sure what's going wrong here.

Quote23-Dec 12:55:22 ERROR (ApplicationContext.java:log:665) Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Can you try allocating some more memory and trying again?

Next, it would be interesting to know whether a clean installaton of 2.2.1.0  works successfully to a spearate disk location.  Can you try that?

I don't know why you're seeing the database problem.  I don't know for certain but it looks as if there may be a compatibility problem with Oracle 11g.  It could also be something to do with the upgrade you have done.  I'm not sure if anyone here has tried against 11g?    It would be helpful if you could try against another database to see if you can narrow down the problem.

Kate

kate

Hi Holger,

How did you get on after allocating sufficient PermGen space?

I can confirm that we have run our regression suite against Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g and now Oracle 11g and all worked fine so there are no known compatibility problems with these databases.

Kate

holger

Hi kate,

i find the problem. i move the webapps -Dir to my tomcat installation and set some things in my properties files. I have install two shop's on this server and i have install one opencms on this server. The server have 2GB of RAM and install is a Suse 10.3 System
The problem with the sequnenze come from the two shop's on the server. i think and after them comes the problem with the RAM.

Now i have one OPENCMS and one KONAKART-Shop and now all runs OK.

If I liked to install several Shop, can that be done at all? What does one have to consider there by?

Holger

ming

Hi Holger,

If you define a different database (user/schema) for each shop you shouldn't have a problem.   One of our customers does this but with 40 shops not just 2.  (They distribute the load over multiple tomcats however).

Depending on what else you have running on your machine, you shouldn't have a problem running up to about 10 KonaKarts & 10 KonaKartAdmins in one tomcat - once you have the memory set up correctly. 

Regards,
Ming

holger

Hi Ming,

okay! Now i have many Servers at Internet, at the moment i have no problem with the shop. I install the second shop on other Server, on them run only liferay. ;-)

If i have more time, then i look, where the problem is. Now, i look first times, as I unite special adjustments there purely programmed get. My java programmer is the next weeks at some customer and there must I now make i self, but java is not primary language (C#, Delphi is it).  I make with them my questions in the programing-forum.

but at this moment, thanks for your info's!

regards,
Holger

clinton

2 years later...I also encountered this same problem.  I did indeed try to deploy a second konakart instance, using shared konakart.properties torque settings.

torque.applicationRoot = .
torque.database.default = store1
torque.database.store1.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.store1.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.store1.jndi.path=jdbc/kkbase

When I ensured I had unique settings on each konakart instance for the above, the problem went away... hope this helps, because I couldn't find an explicit reference to the exact cause in the previous comments.