• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

User selecting the currency???

Started by Anni, December 04, 2007, 03:38:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Anni

hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible (with the existing code) to allow users to select the currency they want to use. similar to the languages tile. or can I actually use that jsp as a guideline and write something similar for currencies?

regards,
anni

trevor

Anni,

We haven't implemented multicurrency display because it can be missleading. i.e. You may show the product prices in multiple currencies but then your payment gateway will probably only accept one currency and provide an exchange rate which is different to the one that you use on the web site and so a customer ends up paying a different amount to what he though he was paying.

The databse supports it (there is a multiplier in the currency object) so in theory you could implement it but it would be quite an arduous task since you'd have to process all of the prices before they get displayed.

Trevor

Anni

hi,

thanks for the answer. I already feared that it would be like this.
but what about not letting the user select it but doing it myself based on the delivery country. I've seen in another post that for doing anything to the prices before checkout, I could edit CheckoutConfirmationSubmitAction.java. would that also be the place to edit the selected currencies?

and another question. how can I check, which product options have been selected?

regards,
anni

Anni

where do the compiled action classes go? do I have to update the konakart-custom.jar???

regards,
anni

julie

No, they go under WEB-INF/classes etc. and will override the ones in the jar.

Anni

Anni

hi again,

just another question. which JSPs and classes do I have to edit when I want to let the customer select the currency at checkout? I've had a look at the checkout actions and JSPs but I'm not sure which ones I need  :-\ 

regards,
anni