• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

KonaKart Domain Advice

Started by honusurf, August 07, 2008, 04:38:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

honusurf

Hi my name is Nick T from www.honusurf.com.  I just got KonaKart
installed on my Mac OS X 10.4.11.  The program runs excellent from
localhost, thus  I'm really excited to work on my new website, but I'm no expert, so in laymans terms what do I need to do next to get my domain pointed to konakart, so I can show off my KonaKart.
I found eApps for Konakart, is this what I have to do, link my apache server with Tomcat.  I already have the latest apache an xampp installation running www.honusurf.com.  I just get a little nervous working with all these servers. 
Anyhow Just need a point to the right direction. 
BTW-If anyone needs help getting installed on Mac OS X or Windows I can help get you this far-email me nick@honusurf.com or post questions here. :)
aloha,
Nick T.
Honusurf.com

Brian

Aloha!,

You do not have far to go...

You do not *have* to use Apache in front of tomcat but many people do.   There are some examples of how to link up Apache and tomcat here in this forum - and thousands more on the web.   (Quite typically people run the Apache web server on port 80, then direct KonaKart traffic to tomcat running on another port (often 8780))

All you need to do is to set up DNS to point your domain to the host where you're running your system.   You should have a control panel that will allow you to modify this DNS configuration for your domain.

Brian

honusurf

Thanks,
You were right I was there the whole time, my port was just disabled the whole time-thats all.  I don't mind runnung on port 8780 for the time being.   I'll save that little treat for the JK module.