• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Product bundles

Started by rgayle, April 06, 2009, 05:29:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rgayle

What is the best way to implement recipe, using bundles while still retaining the ablility to have the "you may also like" recommendations feature, that the bundles is currently being used for?

This is what I've done so far, but it's not working out for me.
We have some products that are recipes.  these products are just "wrappers" for real physical products along with some content for the preparation instructions.  We will probably remove the ability to add it to the cart.

I manually loaded the product_to_product table with the id_from being the recipe, and the Id_to being an ingredient product.  I also set the relationship type to '5', and gave the custom1 field a value of 'recipe'.

In the productDetailsbody, the recipe product object returns null for the getProductBundles call.

I then used the Admin to edit this recipe product. The details page then recongnized the bundle, except I could not get the custom1 field from the productBundle entry.

trevor

Hi,

I think that your approach should work.

In the product_to_product table the relationship type should be set to 5 and the recipe product type should be set to 3. The custom field that you should set is in the recipe product and not the custom field of the relationship table.

rgayle

I've inserted records into the Products_to_products table, and set the relationshipt type to 5.  In the product table, I've set the product type to 3 for the product that is referenced by the id_from field.

Later, if I use the admin tool, to edit the bundle, it never lists the items.  Is there another field/table that is being set when the Admin is used to construct the bundle?

trevor

Not sure without taking a detailed look. Why don't you create a bundle with the Admin App and just look at what it populates. You should be close.