• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

wsdl documentation?

Started by iahmed, April 09, 2012, 09:46:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iahmed

Hi all,

Just started playing around with the web service api.

I am having trouble finding documentation about the wsdl, for example on javadoc and wsdl

addToBasket(java.lang.String in0, int in1, Basket in2)

we've got these type of methods, there is no description on what in0 and in1 need to be except string or int, I can't find the documentation if in0 is SessionId what in1 zero means.

I looked at the javadoc and it's not available? so I probably just don't know where to look.

can someone help me out.

ming

The interfaces are the same for the different flavours:  POJO, SOAP, RMI, JSON.    Each one implements the same interface (KKEngIf (storefront engine) and KKAdminIf (admin engine)).

Therefore, the best way to program against the APIs is to write your code to the interface then instantiate the  implementation of that interface (it's like a client-side stub) at runtime of the type you want - you can instantiate it by name.

Note that when using java it is not recommended that you program by generating stubs from the WSDL.  The recommended approach is as described above where you write your code against the respective interfaces. 

So...  you shouldn't need to study the WSDL.  Look at the javadoc for the KKEngIf and KKAdminIf instead... 

iahmed

Thanks, that makes sense to me