• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Standard Setup for Custom UI in Web Applications

Started by fallenangel321, February 15, 2012, 11:50:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fallenangel321

Hello,
Having done a bit of testing with Konakart and the java api's, I am looking for how to best setup an application to include Konakart and have a few questions that if answered would help me out greatly.   I have a number of web applications developed for different clients who also seem like they would be interested in a shopping cart in their application.  So my questions are as follows:

• Firstly, I assume this can be done but figured I'd ask to be safe, can I use the admin app at the same time I include the client side of Konakart in my application?

• What are the required jar files for including in an application to handle the api calls for the store setup and functionality?

• Has anyone else setup a single class library to hold their Konakart code for their web applications, so adding a cart to a new project just adds right in by adding a jar file?

• Can someone describe the "modules" terminology for me?  I hate to sound dense, but I can't wrap my mind around what exactly an orders total module is.  Reading the Javadoc, it looks like getting an ordertotal for an order just returns an array of totals, depending on which is turned on.  Am I correct in my thinking?

Any additional advice, information, or links (I have the javadocs and the documentation) are greatly appreciated. 

Thanks so much for your time

franklinr

I don't know what the standard set up is but I was able to get it running in Intellij IDEA by including konakart_*.jar files (all of the jars in the konakart/custom/jar folder)