• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Extend Product Dialogue

Started by JimmyBlue, December 15, 2011, 03:46:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyBlue

Hi there,

I'd like to extend the product dialogue for products belonging to a specific category.
I'm going to add a new textfield. If a user is changing its value the product should be
refreshed in the backend. Also the value of the textfield should be transfered to the
backend to get the appropriate product information.

What would you suggest me to do?

Regards Jimmy

kate

It sounds like you need to look at custom attributes and custom attribute templates.  These are powerful in that they allow you to define an unlimited number of custom attributes for a product.   Check out these features in the User Guide.

Alternatively you might just want to use a regular custom field but only refer to it for a certain category?

JimmyBlue

The main problem of the issue is, that I want to get a dynamic price when a user enteres a new value into the textfield.
This means there has to be a price calculation in the backend. (There can be infinite possible results of this calculation).

For this purpose I want the frontend to request a new getProduct()-call in the backend on such event. The calculation
itself isn't the problem but how can I trigger it?
There also should be a possibiliy to add the parameter inserted in the textfield to the calculation invocation.

ryan

Take a look at the custom engine. It allows you to add code before and after any API call.