• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Customer registration

Started by AlienQueen, June 27, 2011, 07:24:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienQueen

Good evening everyone,

I'm unable to create a customer in my brand-new, plain-vanilla Konakart 5.2.0.0. When I try, I get this error message:

"Unfortunately we have encountered a malfunction. Please contact the system administrator."

And in the logs of Tomcat, I've got:

ERROR (?:handleException:?) A customer has received the following exception message: : Exception Name = com.konakart.app.KKException : Exception Message = WishList functionality has not been installed
27-juin 20:18:43 ERROR (?:handleException:?) The full exception is:
com.konakart.app.KKException: WishList functionality has not been installed
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.checkManagerExists(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.searchForWishLists(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.searchForWishLists(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.WishListMgr.fetchCustomersWishLists(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.CustomerMgr.refreshCustomerCachedData(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.CustomerMgr.afterLogin(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.al.CustomerMgr.login(Unknown Source)
        at com.konakart.actions.CustomerRegistrationSubmitAction.execute(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

The WishList functionality is not present in the OSS edition of Konakart, so: is there a way to get rid of this error, please?

I use Konakart 5.2.0.0 on Debian Squeeze, with Tomcat 6.0.32 (the 7 branch of Tomcat is still too buggy for my personal taste).

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards,

Alien

greg

Hi Alien,

(is that your real name ?    ;D)

If you're using the Community Edition you should not enable Wishlists in the Admin App.   Is that what you did?

See Configuration >> Store Configuration

AlienQueen

Hello,

>>> (is that your real name ?    ;D)

Yes, sure ! :-)

In my admin UI, I've set "Enable Wish List functionality" and "Allow Wish List when not logged in" to false & I've restarted Tomcat, but I've got the same exception.

Weird, isn't it?

trevor

QuoteWeird, isn't it?

I'd say almost impossible.. :o

I've just looked at com.konakart.al.CustomerMgr.refreshCustomerCachedData and the code is:

// Get wish lists for this customer
        String wishListEnabled = kkAppEng.getConfig(ConfigConstants.ENABLE_WISHLIST);
        if (wishListEnabled != null && wishListEnabled.equalsIgnoreCase("TRUE"))
        {
            this.kkAppEng.getWishListMgr().fetchCustomersWishLists();
        }

So if the config variable is set to FALSE or is not there, it won't call the method that is giving you an exception.

AlienQueen

I solved my problem! I had to set "Enable Gift Registry functionality" to false et voilĂ : user registration is now possible.

What puzzles me is that it looks unrelated, but anyway... Now it works!

Is there a "solved" option in this forum?

Regard,

Alien