• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Integrating KonaKart with ebay

Started by akshat.aggarwal, June 10, 2011, 11:39:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

akshat.aggarwal

Hi,

I am trying to integrate my KonaKart website with ebay. For example, When I upload a product in my website , it automatically features in my ebay webstore / selling item list and gets linked to my warehouse as well. Or it can be otherwise as well i.e. on uploading an item on ebay it automatically gets featured in my website. Is it possible?

Is there any way we can configure Ebay APIs (Tradin APis, Mechandising APIs) to integrate with our system?

greg

This should be pretty straightforward to do using the KonaKart APIs.

I don't know the details of the eBay APIs but I can think of a few techniques that would be possible to achieve this.

One would be to mark products for loading into eBay in your KonaKart Admin App (maybe you could set a particular product Custom field to mean "load up in eBay").. then you could run a little batch utility (at whatever frequency you choose) that processed every product with this indicator, loads it to eBay using the eBay APIs, then updates the product in KonaKart to change that indicator to "loaded in eBay" - maybe with some additional data in other custom fields like the date that it was loaded etc.

If you needed to add additional information for eBay you could use other custom fields to hold this.  Note that you can change the labels for custom fields to make it obvious what they're for.

Another option could be to write a custom panel that made this more of an interactive experience... but that's a bit more work.

akshat.aggarwal

Hi Greg,

thanks for replying.

One more thing, what about the inventory management when a buyer buys the product in ebay? how will the quantity available get updated in our warehouse.?

Akshat

greg

You can make use of the KonaKart APIs to update inventory information.