• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Using the "make_eclipse_project" ant target to develop in eclipse

Started by cav, April 21, 2011, 02:54:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cav

I created an eclipse project using the "Make_eclipse_project" (very slick), however I need extra guidance that is not documented.  I can make my custom changes in the storefront appearance; however to change any of the custom code (actions,forms,modules,etc) I am not following how to make this happen using the "make_eclipse_project" in eclipse.  The target doesn't appear to copy over the custom source folders/files and there is no build file(build.xml).  Please provide additional guidance on how to make these custom changes in eclipse.  Thanks.

greg

Hi Cav,

The Eclipse project created up to v5.2.0.0 is functional but doesn't include all the java classes you might want to customize.

There was a big improvement to this in v5.3.0.1.   When you make the Eclipse project in this (and later) version(s) you get all the action classes and forms plus a structure for the others included.   

Other than that you can copy all the java classes you need over to your Eclipse project manually.  Note that there are build files provided for all of these sources - look at custom/build.xml - so with a little effort you could create the Eclipse project you need with ANT build support.

cav

Thanks for the help.  On another note is there a timeline when the v5.3.0.1 or later version will be available on your website (community edition) ?  Right now it has 5.2

greg

Normally we release a major new public version about every 6 months...   so the next one will probably be around July 2011 or thereabouts.   

BrianNicholas

Hi Greg, I need more information about where do I find the java classes that is in my com after installing KonaKart, where do I have to paste them at in my Eclipse project? And also, what do you mean exactly when you say "look at custom/build.xml - so with a little effort you could create the Eclipse project you need with ANT build support."?

QuoteOther than that you can copy all the java classes you need over to your Eclipse project manually.  Note that there are build files provided for all of these sources - look at custom/build.xml - so with a little effort you could create the Eclipse project you need with ANT build support.