• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart admin 5.2.0.0 logo

Started by mfrp, April 21, 2011, 10:01:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mfrp

Hi All,

i installed konakart 5.2.0.0 with its admin gui under Tomcat 6.0.26 and Windows XP SP3. I followed this link http://www.konakart.com/docs/UseYourOwnLogo.html in order to substitute Admin logo, but trying with IE7 works, trying with Chrome, Firefox, Opera does NOT. I scanned internet to work out any suggestions on Konakart or GWT, but nothing. I changed default_logo.cahce.png file with mine using the same file name and the same for <ImageBundle>.cache.png file substituting the default image with mine and for Firefox, Chrome, Opera nothing changed, still shows default Konakart logo. I also clean up browser's cache and restarted Tomcat.

Please, would you know any help?
Thank you so much!

Manfredo

greg

I appreciate the frustration over thinking this doesn't work because I have experienced that myself.   The truth is that it really does work on all of those browsers.   They really are caching the data.   Removing the image from the browser's cache will require a different technique for each browser...  Search on Google for the ways to do this for each one.

mfrp

Thank you Greg for your response,

I started with Chrome and found how to empty the cache, but still doesn't work. May you guide me to the steps on how modify konakart admin files in the deployed konakartadmin_war directory?
I did:
- deleted KonakartAdmin logo, i.e. 6A6699F629F691B9941CE36D832DC619.cache.png
- copied my logo file as 6A6699F629F691B9941CE36D832DC619.cache.png
- restarted Tomcat
- empty Chrome's cache
- restarted Chrome

Do I have to do something more?
Do I hav to make any trick to empty Chrome's cache?
Could you show me the steps for the browser you're using?

Thanks for any help.

Manfredo

greg

Hi Manfredo,

Your steps are exactly the ones I've always used myself.

The fact that you get to see your new logo when using IE7 (I know it's fine with IE8 as well) does make me think that it's caching behaviour specific to the other browsers you mention that's causing the problem.

I'm not certain where Chrome is storing the cached logo image...  it has vanished from the server so it must be somewhere on the client - but I'm not sure where.

Maybe a Chrome expert has the answer to this puzzle?

mfrp

Hi Greg,

I tried to find out more in Chrome's cache around the net with no profit, but the same results by using Opera and Firefox. So, IE7 looks more like an exception than a rule (IE often is out of compliance). I would like to know if anybody has changed Admin logo and it works with other than IE browser.

Anybody can tell something about?

Thank you.

Manfredo

Bob

IE: OK
Firefox: No OK
Chrome: No OK