• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Installation problem with language + some questions.

Started by Dymytry, January 18, 2011, 12:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dymytry

Hello guys!

I am newbee to Konakart and need some advice. Please help me if you have time.

1) I have installed Konakart via GUI installer and deployed admin and sample shop on my Weblogic server. It works, its ok, except for one thing: the language in the sample application (i.e. konakart application). When I open that application I dont see correct captions for some of the headers. For example, in the blue menu header on the top of site below the Konakart logo I see this crap:
???en_GB.header.top???| ???en_GB.random.special.tile.specials???       ???en_GB.header.my.account???| ???en_GB.header.cart.contents???| ???en_GB.common.checkout???

Where I went wrong? The installation completed without errors, I haven't changed anything.

2) As far as I understand, the konakartadmin site should be somehow connected with the konakart demo shop. Where do that settings reside?

3) Could you give me a fast link to the place where the design settings reside. Where can I change the design of my e-shop? Or, please, show me the part of documentation which describes this.

4) I have heard there is a dotCMS plugin for konakart. From the other hand, on the dotCMS site there is a konakart plugin :) This is the same thing? Which functionality can add dotCMS to konakart shop? Why should I use it?

Dymytry

One more issue:
if I use the Tomcat bundled with Konakart installation, it works ok, without that wrong headers, but I have found another problem: if I try to make an order it shows an error message:
Exception Name = com.konakart.app.KKException
Exception Message = org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource 'C:/Program Files/KonaKart/templates\store1\LowStockAlert_de.vm'

The file mentioned here exists. Evidently there is a problem with the path format which is wrong. How can I fix it?

trevor

Look in the Admin App under Configuration>>Velocity Templates and read the online help there to get more info.

trevor

Quote1) I have installed Konakart via GUI installer and deployed admin and sample shop on my Weblogic server. It works, its ok, except for one thing: the language in the sample application (i.e. konakart application). When I open that application I dont see correct captions for some of the headers. For example, in the blue menu header on the top of site below the Konakart logo I see this crap:
???en_GB.header.top???| ???en_GB.random.special.tile.specials???       ???en_GB.header.my.account???| ???en_GB.header.cart.contents???| ???en_GB.common.checkout???

The message catalogs need to be in the classpath.

Quote2) As far as I understand, the konakartadmin site should be somehow connected with the konakart demo shop. Where do that settings reside?

The only way that it's connected is that they share a database.

Quote3) Could you give me a fast link to the place where the design settings reside. Where can I change the design of my e-shop? Or, please, show me the part of documentation which describes this.

It's a standard JSP / Struts / Tiles application.

Quote4) I have heard there is a dotCMS plugin for konakart. From the other hand, on the dotCMS site there is a konakart plugin  This is the same thing? Which functionality can add dotCMS to konakart shop? Why should I use it?

It can be very useful to integrate eCommerce with CMS especially if your store contains a lot of information other than the products themselves. i.e. http://www.neronote.com/nn/home.3sp or http://www.mybonahome.com/home.html or http://www.globus.ch/fr/shop/index.html