• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Konakart Enterprise and Subscription products or Recurring billing filtering

Started by rmauge, January 12, 2011, 06:48:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rmauge

I see that the Enterprise product supports Subscriptions. I would like to know if it is possible to separate your "regular" products from your subscription based products. The actual scenario is that I would like to have a website that has a membership subscription but that also sells products. So the subscription "product" should only appear on the signup page or when a member updates their membership subscription. So that I don't have these subscription products showing up in searches and reviews, top seller etc.

Where would this functionality be integrated? (I can do the programming if I have the Enterprise product)

Thanks
Ray.

trevor

Take a look at http://www.konakart.com/docs/RecurringBilling.html for an explanation of how subscriptions work.

You could put your product in an invisible category to stop it showing up on the application. For searches what you could do is to put an identifier in a custom field of your non subscription based products and then customize the product search API call to always add a constraint for that custom field so only the non subscription based products are found.

trevor

Another (easier way) you could do it is to make the subscriptions product invisible so that it isn't returned during searches or displayed in categories. You can still however, get it by id.

rmauge

Thank you very much Trevor, that is exactly the information I was looking for.