• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multi-store sharing products and customers, but not orders

Started by michaelwechner, September 07, 2010, 03:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelwechner

Hi

We have the situation that based on ZIP codes we would like to manage the orders by different stores
(because the delivery of the phyisical product is based on ZIP code), but for the customer it looks like
one shop.

Hence we were thinking to have one "main store" where products and customers will be maintained, but
for each physical location we will have one "backend store", e.g. for the city of Rome one and for the city of London another one. Which means the products and customers would be shared, but not the orders.

Now it is not clear which "mode" to use for such a setup (whereas I have read http://www.konakart.com/docs/manualInstallation_EE.html, but still ;-)

Any hints are much appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

trevor

You need to install KK with shared customers and shared products and have a main store (store1) where everyone shops. Then you can have store2, store3 etc. mainly for admin purposes where admins can log in to see their orders. When an order is saved, in the order integration manager you should write code that changes the storeId of that order based on the zip code, to store2, store3 etc. so that only admins of those stores can see the orders through the admin app.

michaelwechner

thanks for your feedback. So IIUC one can use

Multi-Store Single DB Modes (Engine Mode 2)

for such a setup by setting within konakartadmin.properties

konakart.ws.mode = 2

and

konakart.ws.customersShared = true

and

konakart.ws.productsShared = true

right?

Thanks

Michael

ming

These settings define the configuration of the engine that is used when konakartadmin's web services are called.

michaelwechner

Two more questions:

1) For single database mode (2), where is the actual number of stores defined? And
    what needs to be configured that the konakartadmin login screen shows the multiple store login?

2) What exactly is the class com.konakartadmin.utils.CreateEnterpriseDB (see (f) of http://www.konakart.com/docs/manualInstallation_EE.html) doing?

Thanks

Michael

michaelwechner

Btw, I have written a shell script re CreateEnterpriseDB, which might be of user to others:

#!/bin/sh

INSTALL_DIR=/home/USER/src/konakart/konakart-enterprise-5.1.0.0
WEBAPPS_DIR=$INSTALL_DIR/webapps
CLASSES_DIR=$WEBAPPS_DIR/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes
LIB_DIR=$WEBAPPS_DIR/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/lib
CLASSPATH=$LIB_DIR/konakartadmin_multistore.jar:$LIB_DIR/konakartadmin.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-configuration-1.1.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-lang-2.4.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-collections-3.1.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:$LIB_DIR/postgresql-8.2-504.jdbc3.jar:$LIB_DIR/konakart.jar:$LIB_DIR/konakart_utils.jar:$LIB_DIR/konakart_torque-3.3-RC1.jar:$CLASSES_DIR:$LIB_DIR/log4j-1.2.12.jar:$LIB_DIR/konakart_village-2.0.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar:$LIB_DIR/commons-pool-1.2.jar
echo "Classpath: $CLASSPATH"
SHARED_PRODUCTS=true
SHARED_CUSTOMERS=true
DATABASE=PostgreSQL

java -cp $CLASSPATH com.konakartadmin.utils.CreateEnterpriseDB -p $CLASSES_DIR/konakartadmin.properties -h $INSTALL_DIR -db $DATABASE -ps $SHARED_PRODUCTS -c $SHARED_CUSTOMERS -d

ming

Hi Michael,

Quote1) For single database mode (2), where is the actual number of stores defined? And
    what needs to be configured that the konakartadmin login screen shows the multiple store login?

They just need to be in the kk_store table.

Quote2) What exactly is the class com.konakartadmin.utils.CreateEnterpriseDB (see (f) of http://www.konakart.com/docs/manualInstallation_EE.html) doing?

It sets up the database for Enterprise mode working based on your parameters.   It also creates a sample "store2".
Note that you can get in a mess if you run this twice with different settings.
It is actually called by the Automated Enterprise Installer.... which is always the simplest and recommended route to take.

michaelwechner

Hi ming

Thanks very much for your feedback. I was running it a couple of times and this might be the reason
I am experiencing strange things (English as language shows up about 8 times now), but I will start from scratch and will check if that helps.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Michael

michaelwechner

Hi

I have re-run com.konakartadmin.utils.CreateEnterpriseDB  from scratch (only once this time) and now it
looks much better, but what seems strange to me is that although I have set shared products and customers to true, the products and customers are only displayed within store1 (doesn't matter if it is an existing or new product).

As this the expected bevahiour?

Another issue is that beside the existing languages (german and french), languages such as espanol and portugues appear now when creating a new product, which seems to me rather strange, because as said we had not configured these before.

Re documentation I think it would be good to tell people that they can create new stores by login to konakartadmin and by clicking on the left menu item "Store Maintenance"  (which then as you pointed out will be saved within the table called 'kk_store')

Cheers

Michael

Brian

Yes, CreateEnterpriseDB creates the default data for the new store that is created when you load data for the first time in store1 (at installation time).

This is why you get those languages appearing again.

Yes, if you don't want to create this default data in your new store then you should create a new store from the Admin App - maybe clone a particular store perhaps?

CreateEnterpriseDB is normally run by the Enterprise Extensions installer and if multi-store mode is selected in that installation, a second store ("store2") is populated with the default data that we use for store1 (more or less) in the default Community Edition installation.

michaelwechner

Thanks for the information.

We have deleted the additional languages now and everything still seems to work, whereas we need
to do some more testing.

Cheers

Michael