• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

LDAP and Active Directory support

Started by luiscmas, October 28, 2007, 07:30:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luiscmas

Does Konakart plan to support LDAP and Active Directory as a repository for User Registration and some Contact Details?

A sample of this is Liferay (JSR168 portal) that allows to administer users/customers using LDAP or Database depending on what you selected in setup.

Regards, Luis

paolo

Hi Luis,

This is a feature that we have been asked for before, and are considering it. If it were available would you use it to integrate KonaKart with the Liferay portal ?

-Paolo

luiscmas

Nowadays we are using Websphere Portal with Active Directory, so it would be with this platform.

Our idea is to use a Web Shop for our staff (1000 employees).

Kind Regards, Luis

jalmendro

Hi, right now I'm workling on LDAP integration, I wrote a LoginIntegrationMgrLDAP class, but unfortunately seems that don't work, how can I be sure if the class has been instantiated correctly? (I change in security the login class to to my own). I tried to return a negative value to make it fail, but still logs in. Any recomendation beside FAQ information?

Note: I'm using novell ldap classes.

Many thanks!

Brian

You could start by using a System.out.println in your class to tell you whether or not it's running... then take it from there...

jalmendro

Hi, thanks, before you post this i enabled DEBUG options on konakart_loggin.protperties. In the console said that cannot found the new class, I put it on the same folder that LoginIntegrationMgr are, am I doing something wrong, i have to compile it on a jar file? if this java file it's instantiated on the fly should work, but don't, or may be I have just to put it on the correct folder.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

It goes in com.konakart.bl

You have to compile it of course but you don't need to put it in a jar....   you can put the class under classes if you like.

jalmendro

Hi again,
I wrote the LDAP class and chek for users, if the parameters match then I return "1" if not i return "-1", the question it's about the login process, because LDAP class logs in with username not by email, but when I log in a message shows uo saying that the email was not found. As I read on documentation afeter your own class grants, you sould be log in with a valid id session, but that does not happen. What am I doing wrong? Can anybody help me, please?

Thank you ind advance.

Brian

Hi,

First you have to register the account within KonaKart.

The steps you can automate are:

* get the email address from your other system for the user
* call the KonaKart API doesCustomerExistForEmail() to establish whether the account already exists
* if it doesn't exist you have to register the user with the email address.
* then you can log in and create a session

--Brian

jalmendro

Thanks, now I'm stuck again.
I get mail from our portal server, then I pass it to konakart if email and password match, then I check for EmailExisting, if not then i create a user other else I return logonAttempts.

The problem becomes when I check for email existing, the executions stops and the debugs returns a null pointer error. In order to create an account I put  :

import com.konakart.app.CustomerRegistration;
import com.konakart.appif.CustomerRegistrationIf;
import com.konakart.appif.KKEngIf;

and for initilization I copied it from BasicApiExample:

static protected void init() throws ClassNotFoundException, InstantiationException,
            IllegalAccessException, KKException
    {

/*
         * Instantiate a KonaKart Engine instance
         */
        Class engineClass = Class.forName("com.konakart.app.KKEng");
        eng = (KKEngIf) engineClass.newInstance();

/*
         * Login with default credentials
         */
        sessionId = eng.login(DEFAULT_USERNAME, DEFAULT_PASSWORD);

}
I'm not sure if this init() it's called or if this overrides the LoginMgr, or if I'm mistaken, and don't see the error.

Thanks in advance again.

jalmendro

jalmendro

Hi, I noticed that login class does not validate when you check out, I mean, if you do login then you can override login class, but when you check out without loggin when konakart ask you your e-mail addres does not check against login class, and allowa you to create an accoun. Is there any way that this can be avoid?

Thanks in advance.

pete

It creates a temporary account just for the checkout process. In the next release of KonaKart this temporary account will be given a special type and the process has been changed a little to avoid some privacy issues.

If you want to check whether the temporary account already exists, you can call doesCustomerExistForEmail(String emailAddr). BTW, checkout without registration has only been implemented in the GWT checkout code. It hasn't been implemented in the JSP checkout code.