• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Integration option which addresses Transaction Issues

Started by nitingupta183, June 19, 2010, 10:09:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nitingupta183

Hi All,

I am contemplating use of KonaKart in one of my already developed application, to provide e-commerce related integration. Since my application is already developed, I want to integrate KonaKart in such a mode that I also address the concern related to transaction handling.

My app maintains its own data model, KK has got its own. I want a transaction atomicity on both these databases i.e if i do an operation then it should either happen in both dbs ot should not happen at all.

I am not able to figure out how I can achieve this? Please suggest what I can do to acheive this? Is there some documentation/material to address this kind of integration?

Can I deploy my application along with KK engine and achieve this?

Rgds
Nitin

nitingupta183

I can co-deploy my application & KonaKart in the same container. Can I make use of some container specific transaction configuration to achieve atomicity of operations between my application & KK?

trevor

Since I don't know what type of transactions you are referring to, it's difficult to give a pertinent reply. However, assuming that there are only one or two critical transactions, your best bet may be to handle it at the application level.

nitingupta183

Trevor,

I am talking about following scenario:

My App relies on data model A. KK relies on its own Data Model, Say B.

When user makes a call, my service layer first makes a call to KK's Web Services & make changes to the persistent state of the data in B. AFter this, a business logic in my application may make a call to my DAO layer to make changes to A.

What I am looking to do is following:

If there is any problem (exception, system or business) during data changes to A, then changes made to B should automatically be rolled back.

In case of Web Services (SOAP), I would need to handle this myself. But in the case of JTA or similar, this can be taken care off directly by container for me. As a result, I was thinking of co-deploying my app & KK in the same container i.e to leverage JTA based transaction atomicity behaviours.

Can it be done? Not sure & that is why I asked the experts if they suggest this practice, can point me to some documentation which can hel;p acheive this.
Rgds
Nitin

trevor