• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Fresh instal of 5.0.0.0 problem

Started by moamoa, June 20, 2010, 01:12:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moamoa

I currently have a 4.2 install. I have an existing version Tomcat and in order to use Konakart I just added "ln -s /where/i/inziped/kona konakart" in the existing webapps folder to a symbolic link to where I inziped the distribution. This worked fine.

However, I've just done the same for 5. Unziped the generic distribution and added a link for my tomcats webapps/konakart to the webapps/konakart in the distribution. I created a new v5 demo database and changed the props to point to that.

when I start I get this error;

20-Jun-2010 13:03:28 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: KonaKartAdminServlet: ERROR: The serialization policy file '/2CBBA8219730A59BACBFD106A0095FA8.gwt.rpc' was not found; did you forget to include it in this deployment?
20-Jun-2010 13:03:28 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: KonaKartAdminServlet: WARNING: Failed to get the SerializationPolicy '2CBBA8219730A59BACBFD106A0095FA8' for module 'http://www.perfectskinshop.co.uk:8080/konakartadmin/'; a legacy, 1.3.3 compatible, serialization policy will be used.  You may experience SerializationExceptions as a result.
20-Jun-2010 13:03:29 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.SerializationException: Type 'com.konakartadmin.app.KKAdminException' was not assignable to 'com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IsSerializable' and did not have a custom field serializer.For security purposes, this type will not be serialized.: instance = com.konakartadmin.app.KKAdminException: Exception Message = The session not set cannot be found
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter.serialize(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:610)
        at com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.impl.AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.writeObject(AbstractSerializationStreamWriter.java:129)
        at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.impl.ServerSerializationStreamWriter$ValueWriter$8.write(ServerSerializationStreamWriter.java:152)

kate

There's nothing wrong with the technique you're using in principle but it looks like you haven't set it up correctly.

The file it's complaining about is from the 4.2.0.1 version not the v5.0.0.0 version.

moamoa

It was right after all.

By browser was caching some old pages and it was getting confused. cleared cache and now is fine.