• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

I cannot access to konakartadmin after a sucessful instalation

Started by straw, October 05, 2009, 03:42:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

straw

Hi,
I installed Konakart 4.1.1.0 on my computer, Windows, no Tomcat pre-installed, and a MySQL database (I also tried with Oracle but I get the same error).
After a sucessful instalation, I started Konakart Server and the cmd screen showed me this errors:

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.18
05-oct-2009 15:21:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error listenerStart
05-oct-2009 15:21:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Fall´┐¢ en arranque del Contexto [/birtviewer] debido a errores previos
KonaKartEngPlugin:
propertiesPath    = konakart.properties
mode              = Single Store
storeId           = store1
customersShared   = false
productsShared    = false
05-oct-2009 15:21:42 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Error listenerStart
05-oct-2009 15:21:42 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
GRAVE: Fall´┐¢ en arranque del Contexto [/konakartadmin] debido a errores previo
s

Is the spanish version, so
GRAVE: Fall´┐¢ en arranque del Contexto [/birtviewer] debido a errores previos
=
SEVERAL: Failure in context start [/birtviewer] due to previous errors

It works when I access to http://localhost:8780/konakart/ (demo store) but it fails when I try to access to http://localhost:8780/konakartadmin/ It gives me an error: the required resource is not available

Any idea?
Thanks

trevor

Looks like a Tomcat listener couldn't start up. Not sure why, but if you do a Google search for "Error listenerStart" you'll see 1000's of results and so you could browse through some of them to search for clues.

Artsu

Hello! First of all, sorry for lifting up an old post. I just feel like answering to this since I had exactly the same problem and the answer in the end was rather simple.

It occured to me that the error happened because some of the files had not been installed with the KonaKart installer. For example I ~KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib folder there were only a few files. I downloaded the zip with all konakart files and noticed that I was missing like 20 jar files from that folder! After moving those in, "SEVERAL: Failure in context start [/konakartadmin] due to previous errors" error stopped existing and I was able to get into konakartadmin page.

So the answer is downloading the KonaKart Multi-platform zip package from http://www.konakart.com/downloads/community_edition and then extracting it to your konakart folder without overwriting any files. That should give you all the missing files.

Regards, Artsu

greg

I think that the reason for the installation going wrong in your case is because you probably had an older version of ant installed (with an ANT_HOME setting?).   The installer uses ant to copy some duplicated libs from one webapp to another and we have seen that some older (1.6.2 ?) ANT versions don't work.

This has been fixed in the installer for the v5 release of KonaKart (due out in June approx).  (The fix is to ignore any ANT_HOME that may be set and use the embedded ANT in the install kit).

You can see if this is your case by looking at the <KonaKart-Home>/logs/deploy.log file - you will no doubt see an ANT error in that file.

If you were starting afresh it's better if you can to unset ANT_HOME then run the installer normally rather than use the zip version because the installer sets all sorts of configuration values in the installed KonaKart whereas with the zip installer you have to set these yourself.

However... if your installation went smoothly, apart from the missing jars, all you need is to copy these from the zip download as you discovered!