• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Problem installing Konakart 8 for Ubuntu via /etc/rc.local

Started by ejo, January 11, 2016, 09:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ejo

Hello !
I'm trying to install the latest version of Konakart (8.0) for Ubuntu during boot process but the installer fails when it runs from inside /etc/rc.local. The reason I want to install Konakart that way is because I want to ultimately install it using AWS Cloudformation process for automatic deployment.

The /etc/rc.local looks like this:

#=============================
#!/bin/bash -e

/home/ubuntu/KonaKart-8.0.0.0-Linux-Install-64 -S -DDatabaseType mysql -DDatabaseUrl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/konakart -DDatabaseUsername root -DDatabasePassword mypassword -DJavaJRE /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre -DLoadDB 1

/usr/local/konakart/bin/startkonakart.sh
exit 0
#==============================

If I run the installer command (/home/ubuntu/KonaKart-8.0.0.0-Linux-Install-64 -S ...) from the command line, or even run /etc/rc.local directly, either as ubuntu user or root, Konakart is always installed properly in /usr/local/konakart (or local dir if installed by ubuntu user) and starts successfully ! So it seems it needs some information from the environment (?) that is not presented yet during /etc/rc.local processing. As the installer in Silent Mode gives no output to stdout or stderr I could not figure out what's wrong or missing when it runs from inside /etc/rc.local. Is there any other files I could look for any error messages from the installer ? Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

ejo

I've found the problem. The HOME environment variable was not available at /etc/rc.local time, so the installer could not proceed. I  set the HOME variable to /usr/local and then everything run successfully. Now itś working in its final form, via AWS Cloudformation scripts.

[]s,

liavavenutt