• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

how to extend the konakart type system

Started by sergiu, December 12, 2014, 03:15:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sergiu

I am starting a konakart e-commerce project and have little knowledge about it.
I plan on developing a separate web application that will communicate with konakart using the "java api" approach.
The biggest problem I have now it that I can't figure out how to go about extending konakart type system.

Lets assume I plan on selling vacations on my e-commerce site,
I am interested in finding out best approaches for the following questions:
1) I want to create a new entities (for example a Hotel entity)
2) I want to create relationships between konakarts existing types and my new types (for instance a relationship between hotel and product(the vacation))
3) I want to know how to extend konakarts existing types with new fields (for instance extend the promotion type with a new filed "stars" - eg: there will be 10% of for vacations in 5 star hotels)

I could create my custom objects store them in a separate DB and do all the merging & saving logic myself
but I am wondering if there is some support in konakart for this kind of requirements (for instance similat to hybris type system).

Thanks, Sergiu

sergiu

Nothing ?
I have found out about this post: http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php?topic=1897.0
Is this the recommended approach ? Can I implement all of my requirements from the previous comment with it?

Thank, Sergiu

julie

In the Enterprise version of KonaKart we have ways of adding your own entities and functionality and creating a service from it with API calls in a similar fashion to KKEngIf API calls.

Most of the existing entities have custom fields which can be used to easily extend them. With the EE version you can add an unlimited number of template based custom attributes (with metadata) to the product entity.