• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

GNU LGPL Source Modules available for Customization

Started by venkateshyd, April 14, 2014, 09:30:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

venkateshyd

Hi,

I am new to Konakart as E-Commerce platform . Am exploring to use the same and there may be need for customizations. While going through the documentation, I figured out that it GNU LGPL license. Could anyone let me know what software-parts are customizable/ modifiable by end-users via source code ?

Appreciate any response with this regards

Thanks,
Venkatesh

ryan

The full source code of the storefront application including the KonaKart client engine, the Struts action classes, the JSPs, the payment modules, order total (including promotion) modules and shipping modules are included in the Enterprise Edition of KonaKart.

The Community Edition includes all of the above except the source of the client engine.

venkateshyd

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the response

Typically customization would be in  - Order Processing , Shipping or Fulfillment modules . I see that these is possible based on your response

Is there a Web Page(s) related to your response (Source code aspects  & also Customization steps)

Thanks,
Venkatesh

venkateshyd

Hi,

I was exploring Tax Customization - http://www.konakart.com/docs/taxConfiguration.html

If the current implementations defined within TaxUtils.java do not meet your requirements, you may customize this class and compile the modified code using the techniques defined elsewhere within this document.

I have following questions:

1) Does the above description mean that TaxUtils.java is available for Customization ?
2) Is TaxUtils.java available in Community Edition for Customization ?
3) Is it possible to set tax to zero during check out process, and process tax during Shipping or Fulfillment  ?

Thanks,
Venkatesh

raymond-76

Hi Ryan,

You mentioned:

The Community Edition includes all of the above except the source of the client engine.

Where can I download the Community Edition source code?

The zip file we get from the download page only contains jar files, no java files.

Thanks.

ming

The zip file does contain java source code, just as the graphical installers do.  Look under the custom directory.