• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Price calculation for variable quantity

Started by alex, June 24, 2013, 10:55:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alex

Hi all, I need to have some products without a fixed price ( a price for each piece) but a price calculated from its weight (or volume, or length).
So, suppose that for each of these products, I have a price specified for its quantity of measure (20 €/Kg). Is there in KK a special feature that can handle this or I need to implement from scratch? And if the latter, can you give me some hints on which API should I use?
Currently I think we have 2 main way to resolve this:

• have a textbox where customer input the quantity he/she wants, and than calculate final price

• have fixed tiers of quantity, so we can pre-calculate the price

The former is the preferred.

Regards

trevor

The way to achieve this with KonaKart is to use variable quantity product options. i.e. You have a variable quantity weight option with an option value of Kg. When you associate this with the product you can define the price per Kg and on the storefront side the customer can enter the number of Kg he wants to buy. In our standard storefront we automatically render an input field for this type of product option.

fernando.oliveira

Dear support,
Is this possible within Community version, or it is only available inside Enterprise one ?

Where can we find more details about this?

Thank you.

Fernando Oliveira
Sao Paulo-Brazil

fernando.oliveira

Dear Ryan,
Thank you for your support.

Have a nice day.   :)
Fernando