• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Classes & Methods not found in version 6.5

Started by rkonakart, June 11, 2013, 02:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rkonakart

Dears,

Now I am upgrading from version 6.2 to version 6.5 using struts 1 as I cannot change the framework and there is no need in that.

But unfortunately I found that there are some classes and methods that they are totally removed from the new jars example:

1-  com.konakart.al.CartItem (deleted)

2-  Creating new instance from "KKAppEng" has been changed and I must add something to the constructor which is not logic as we needed to use it without setting the session or engineconfigif ;      

3- kkAppEng.getCustomerMgr().emptyZonesForRegistration();  (deleted)

4- com.konakart.al.Constants.  (deleted)

And much more? What shall I do while I a using these classes, I don't know why you remove classes ?
Please help

ming

If you want the Struts-1 version you will have to install the Struts-1 version after a normal installation.  See the User Guide for details.  It sounds like you're comparing against Struts-2 classes there.

rkonakart

Ok but are you going to provide struts1 front application with every release?

As if you will not do that this means that I have no other choice other than changing the framework which doesn't make sense??

ryan

You can just keep your struts 1 storefront including the KK App Eng for that storefront and upgrade to the latest version of KK because the server engine APIs remain backwards compatible.

rkonakart

Thanks Ryan for your reply :)

To be sure that I understand right:

1- Any fixes you have done in kk App engine we will not get benefit from it, right?
2- Mobile version is available from which version? And It is available only with struts2 framework or it is also available with struts1?

ryan

Quote1- Any fixes you have done in kk App engine we will not get benefit from it, right?

The client engine is really just a helper layer between the struts action classes (MV controller) and the server engine which is accessed through APIs. We keep an instance of it for every user in the user's session and so can save state for that user.  When a customer clicks on something to retrieve some products, the struts action class interprets the command, calls the client engine which in turn calls the server engine to get the products and caches them. The JSP then displays the cached products from the client engine. The Struts2 storefront is quite different in terms of functionality to the Struts1 storefront which is why it has a different KKAppEng. Enterprise customers now get the full source code of the KKAppEng.

Quote2- Mobile version is available from which version? And It is available only with struts2 framework or it is also available with struts1?

The Mobile App was first made available in KK 6.6.0.0 and is only available with the Struts2 verson of the storefront.