Installation / Configuration > Installation of KonaKart

Starting KonaKart problem

(1/2) > >>

mt1:
When I click the desktop icon to start KonaKart, I get the following in the cmd console:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Users\Mike\workspace\KonaKart\bin\/..
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Users\Mike\workspace\KonaKart\bin\/..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Users\Mike\workspace\KonaKart\bin\/..\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jre6
========================================
Waiting for the KonaKart server to start

Nothing happens, what might be wrong?

I have not managed to connect to my MySQL database either during installation because it cannot find the JDBC driver, so I just skipped and continued on, is this the problem? How can I resolve this issue?

kate:
I would study the User Guide and start again with the installer.  Don't be tempted to proceed until your database connection is confirmed by the wizard.
You won't get far without a database connection.

mt1:

--- Quote from: kate on October 13, 2011, 08:55:54 AM ---I would study the User Guide and start again with the installer.  Don't be tempted to proceed until your database connection is confirmed by the wizard.
You won't get far without a database connection.

--- End quote ---

The manual doesn't help solve my JDBC problem, I already use a the reocmmended database (MySQL).

kate:
when you are running the wizard and it tells you that the database connection fails, what error are you getting?

mt1:

--- Quote from: kate on October 13, 2011, 09:17:33 AM ---when you are running the wizard and it tells you that the database connection fails, what error are you getting?

--- End quote ---

Message: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306
SQLState: 08001
Error Code: 0

The driver is: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version