• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Netbeans Setup

Started by moamoa, May 21, 2010, 10:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moamoa

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to set Konakart up so it can be used in Netbeans, so that you can do a "build" in Netbeans to generate a WAR file than can be deployed and works.

I have tried created an "empty" web application from Netbeans and then copied various files from the kona dist to the relevant place in the Netbeans project, such as the jsp's to the project/web folder and so on. But I am finding it difficult to get it all to work.

For instance, I did not create a Struts project via NB, just a basic webapp, but instead just added all the jars from the kona lib folder to a Library in NB and added that to my NB project. I copied all the tdl from the web-inf in kona to the web-inf in my NB project. But if I look at index.jsp it can't find "/tags/struts-logic"??

Can something guide me where I put the relevant files and folders from the konakart dist into the NB project directory structure, so I can do a successful build that works.

Thanks.

Sony George

Simple,

choose project --> java project --> web free form application
select the build.xml that is available in custom folder
add jar files in WEB-INF\lib to java source classpath area,
add folders in custom folder to java sources area

finished

moamoa

Assuming I install the full konakart zip file into d:\konakart

1. choose free form.... ok

2. select the build.xml in custom (D:\konakart\custom\build.xml) .... ok

After this it seem  bit unclear.

One the dialog, where you select the build, you select another 3 items;

Project Name: "My_Kona_Project" .... ok?
Project Folder: "d\netbeansprojects" ....ok?

It also asked for;
Location?

Is this D:\konakart\custom, D:\konakart or something else?

The next dialog just asks for the tasks in the ant file; build and clean.... simple enough.... ok.

The next dialog asks for;
Web Pages folder: D:\konakart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\jsp ????/
WEB-INF Content: D:\konakart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF
Context Path: ????

The next dialog is source packages... are they these, as this is what is pre-filled?
D:\konakart\java_soap_examples\src
D:\konakart\OpenCms_module\src
D:\konakart\custom\adminengine\gensrc
D:\konakart\java_api_examples\src

Do you actually have a project.xml form the konakart netbeans project so that I can examine to see how to fill in all the dialogs?

Sony George

1) select free form project
2) select location = (D:\konakart)
3) select build script = (D:\konakart\custom\build.xml)
4) now project name is auto filled by netbeans by reading build.xml, no need to change
5) project folder =(D:\konakart)

next screen build run action, nothing to do, auto filled, click next

Web source screen
6) web pages folder = D:\konakart\webapps\konakart
7) WEB-INF content = D:\konakart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF
8) context path = no need if you are running the tomcat that came with konakart installation

source folders
pre filled by neatbeans by looking the src folder name, u can add or remove folders from the custom folder (D:\konakart\custom)

java source classpath
here add all the jar files that are in D:\konakart\webapps\konakart\WEB-INF\lib folder and D:\konakart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\lib

now you have almost done, you can now clcik the finish button,

note that netbeans do not make any change in D:\konakart\custom\build.xml shipped with konakart
instead it make a folder named nbprojects under D:\konakart and write its files there
if you want to start over just delete the nbproject folder created by netbeans and
do the steps again till you are happy with u r netbeans integration