Version 220.127.116.11 is the first release after version 18.104.22.168 that has been made generally available. It contains many exciting new features and a number of bug fixes. Before upgrading, please read the Upgrade Compatibility Alerts for each version.
Note that some of the features highlighted below are only available in the Enterprise Extensions. See here for full details of what is included only in the Enterprise Extensions.
- Modified the style of the Admin App UI which now presents a more modern and consistent interface matching the KonaKart brand.
- Content support added including programmable banners, editable page content etc (See User Guide for details).
- Introduced KonaKart tiles which can be regarded as building blocks for creating an eCommerce application that can be easily integrated into a front end system such as a CMS or portal. For more details see KonaKart_Tiles.pdf in the doc directory after installation.
- Configurable timeouts for JSON calls (see konakart.properties).
- Reduced excessive logging for stores that are disabled in a multi-store environment.
- On INSERT failures improve the logging to help diagnose the problem.
- Enhancements to improve the performance of promotion rule calculations.
- Enhancements to improve the performance by reducing the number of updates to the session table.
- New mode introduced – Now possible to share products without sharing customers.
- New payment gateway added – CyberSource Secure Acceptance (Web/Mobile) – this replaces CyberSource SOP and CyberSource HOP which are no longer supported by CyberSource.
- Added “DeleteTemporaryData” batch job to the Quartz jobs list in konakart_jobs.xml. This runs various maintenance functions to keep the store running efficiently.
- Added support for the Wildfly Application Server.
- Upgraded Apache ActiveMQ Integration to version 5.10.0 – and exposed some extra configuration parameters to the web.xml.
- Enriched the Country object to include the ISO Numeric code and a custom field.
- Expanded the coverage of the Data Integrity Checker by adding support for Tags, Tag Groups and all the new Content tables.
- Disable SSLv3 in the default tomcat configuration (to avoid SSLv3 vulnerabilities with browsers that do not support TLS).
- Retrieve customerAddressId, billingAddressId and deliveryAddressId when returning order objects on the Admin side. Caution should be used when using these IDs because the addresses they refer to can change over time or even be deleted. This is why it is normally better to use the address details copied to the order at the time the order is created.
- On the Admin App, added a Reward Points Expired column when displaying the customer reward points in order to easily determine whether the points have expired or not.
- Added ability in both Admin App and App APIs to decide when fetching reward points for a customer whether to fetch expired points or not.
- Added functionality to the Admin App coupon panel to populate the coupon code entry field with a code generated in the AdminOrderIntegrationMgr. The method that generates the code may be customized in order to implement a specific algorithm or to read the code from a list of pre-generated values.
- Added a new KKEng API call, getDigitalDownloadsWithOptions() that automatically populates the digital download objects with products. Since the associated product objects are nearly always required, this improves performance by avoiding further API calls.
- Fixed a security vulnerability in Struts-2.
- Added functionality to allow to sort bookings by Date Added. The Admin App was allowing you to click on the heading of the Date Added column in the Bookings Panel but the records were not being sorted.
- Custom Schema example fixed so that INSERT operations succeed on DB2.
- Admin Password Properties – code was reading “password.minimumChars”, “password.maximumChars”, “password.mustContainUpperCase” etc, rather than “konakart.password.minimumChars”, “konakart.password.maximumChars”, “konakart.password.mustContainUpperCase” as defined in the default konakartadmin.properties file.
- When retrieving customer tag values, the date added was always that of the actual tag and not that of when the value was added.
- Modified getAllManufacturers() KonaKart engine API call to return all manufacturers and not to limit the number to 100.
- PayPal payment module – default Cancelation URL corrected.
- Added functionality to getCategoryTreeWithOptions() and to getManufacturers() to include a catalogId so that product counts for categories and manufacturers do not include products that don’t have a defined catalog price or catalog quantity.
- Fixed an admin application bug. Promotion to customer group rules were being lost every time a promotion was edited.
Backwards Compatibility Alert
- Payment Gateways retired: CyberSource HOP, CyberSource SOP, YourPay. These were removed because their gateway services are no longer available.